June 09, 2008

Regionals Day 3

OK, so in the last Regionals post, I didn't get to Sunday. I just got sick of typing, and it was getting, really wordy. So here's my continuation.
Day 3 started off with Jumpers. On paper it looked like the hardest Jumpers ever! It was very hard to walk as well because a lot of the action was going on in one area of the course, making it very congested. A lot of people were getting lost on course... something I was sure I was going to do. At one point, for a split second I did forget what was next, it was a very, very short amount of time, but just short enough to put me behind where I needed to be, causing Tink to have a refusal. We go through the tough part of the course and was coming up to the final stretch, which was a jump, tire, spread, and a call off of a jump straight ahead, to one on the left. Coming down the stretch, I called her off the jump, and she called off very nicely... until I realized, I called her off the spread! So one more refusal, but it turned out to be our best run of the regionals. We placed 52 of 70 dogs with 65 points.


Standard was the most promising courses from Sunday on paper, but some parts we proving to be tricky. We ended up with a refusal, knocked bar and a wrong end of a tunnel. The weave poles were posing a problem for a lot of dogs, so I tried to pull off a front cross, something I amazingly did (barely) and Tink nailed the entry! One of the highlights of the day for us. We placed 64th of 82 dogs an walked away with 70 more points.


Gamble was our last run of the regionals. Working out the math we needed 79 more points to qualify for Nationals. I wasn't planning on going, but the fancy ribbon would have been nice ;). So I figured all we needed was both mini's twice, the four pointer and the main gamble. Something that wasn't a completely unachievable goal... except for the fact that the main was a nasty tunnel sucker course, and a very small percentage of dogs were getting it. We only got the mini's one time each and no main, so we only got 37 points. Placing 46th of 81 dogs. Overall we only got 308 points of the 350 needed and placed 67 of 83 dogs. But all in all it was a great time and we had fun hanging out with our agility friends.
Uncles Spy and Zephyr (Q x Kyle), Tink and Kessie

No comments: