January 01, 2008

2 days vs. 8 weeks

On New Year Eve we got to visit the Tribble X Tripp puppies! I also go to talk to Dawn about my puppy future. There is another litter due at the end of January, so we'll wait to see what she pops out then I'll make a decision. The pups were all tiny and guinea pig-ish but what's even better then 2 day old puppies? Eight week old ones! The Twigg X Zed puppies were still there, cute as can be and full of kisses and play! Mandiee and I gave each puppy a name, and then this morning I found out their litter names, it's a winter olympic theme. So I will post each ones litter name, our name, and a little story about how they got that name! Here are some pictures for your viewing enjoyment! Special thanks to our lovely hand model, Mandiee!

This is Slalom, or Tank! We named him that because he has very similar markings to Tink!


This is Speedskate, or Big Head. He got his name 'cause, well... he has a big head! Next to Slalom anyways he did!

This little guy is Freestyle. We named him Spyral because his collar sort of spirals around his neck.

Canuck we called Speck. He was named Speck because we thought he was the one with the spot on he collar, but it turns out that's the wrong pup!

Snowboard was called Dunno. So far he is my pick out of the litter, but I 'Dunno' if I'm gonna get him yet.


Last but not least is Bobsled, or as Mandiee dubbed him, Captian Bobsey! Lots of Bob names because he was born with a natural bobtail!! I make sure Mandiee gets all the credit for his name, kinda in the same way she make sure Steve gets the credit for Fenris' name!


Here is the rear shot of Bobsled, kinda hard to see it in this picture, but there's the little nub of a tail!


When we first arrived, Dawn sent us off into the basement, where I heard lots of growling. Being nosey as I am, I set off to investigate. (It was the same room where the puppies were before, so I wasn't going into unknown room where I know I wasn't allowed!) I was surprised to see all the older puppies still there! They rushed to the gate to greet us, full of tons of kisses, we said hello, then washed up and sat with the little babies. When we were done saying hello to those guys, Dawn let the big guys run around, and we played with them for awhile. Nothing like a puppy visit to ring in the New Year!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! The next time we go over and I know I'm hand modeling I'll make sure I'm wearing a fresh coat of nailpolish :P