March 25, 2008

A good day!

Well...except for this 'photoshoot'



Puppies are fun... and very mobile! It was very hard to get a shot of both Kessie and Tink, but I kinda did it! after Kessie tried to play with everything from the 'dropsheet' to Tink's tail. Last night I changed Kessie's sleeping arrangements which were not working out the way I had been doing it. Like what I did with Tink (which worked out very well!) , I had been putting Kessie in a crate on my bed and getting up to take her outside when she cried. After the first couple nights she stopped crying and was peeing in the crate. So last night I decided to leave Kessie in the 'Dungeon' (which is an ex-pen in the basement with a bed and a pee pad). When I leave Kessie there during the day and leave, she usually screams (like she's being murdered) and makes huge mess so I was pretty hesitant to try it. But thankfully when I came to get her in the morning she did all her pottys on the pee pad and hadn't ripped up the pad either! She was also quite quiet throughout the night (at least I didn't hear her! So we had success.


So far today Kessie has also limited all her indoor potty breaks to her pads (until I brought out the blanket to do pictures that is!) Tink also is acting much more happy and positive today, she was even trying to initiating play with Kessie! (Though Kessie was scared and it never went any further then that, but it's a HUGE step and I'm very very excited about it!)
The forecast for today was calling for 5 cm of snow here and 10 cm where I take flyball, so I was afraid I wouldn't

be able to go to classes tonight, but the forecast has now changed and there's a lot less snow coming! I also have signed Kessie up for puppy classes to possibly start next week! I'm looking forward to the things to come... and for some of you (Erin ;)) to meet Kessie this weekend!


1 comment:

Erin Crossman said...

Yes I can't wait to meet her! I will not be there first thing in the morning on sunday, but if you are able to hold a spot for Zephyr's crate next to yours that would be great then I will have first row seats for puppy mauling!!! LOL!