March 21, 2008

Kessie's first week home!

Kessie's (thankfully!) becoming more accustom to her crate, and only crying gently when she needs to go to the bathroom through the night!

I started her on a collar and leash and she's handling it better then Tink did as a pup! She scratches at the collar every now and then, and only squirmed a little when I first put on the leash but that's all expected!
I've started her on a clicker mostly with her breakfast/dinner as a reward, reinforcing her sits, teaching her to respond to her name, and a little bit of down, stand and leave it. I've also been handling her when she eats and she's been showing no signs of even noticing.

I try to take her outside to potty, but have puppy pads out too. She's good at 'trying' to go on the pad, but usually misses, or partially makes it. She also sometimes uses other 'pads' such as rugs, a cooling bed, and a coat so far, but she tries!

She pounces at Tink, but Tink doesn't care for her still. Tink had a really mopey day today, so I took extra care to spend some special time with her, and she perked up.

She has a bit of a foot fetish, be it toes, pant legs or shoes (she loves my slippers with my faux fur edging). All in all it's been a fun (and tiring week).

No comments: