September 28, 2009

The one bar wonder

Natasha picked up Tink on Saturday to bring her to SuperDog Central's agility trial. She signed up for all three starter games over the whole weekend (jumper, snooker and gamble). I had to work, but Tink helped Natasha get her second gamble Q. I was able to get there when they were setting up for the jumpers, and got to throw in Kessie. She was her usual self... prefering to herd me mostly. Natasha and Tink had a great run, but took down one bar along the way.

We both returned on Sunday. I was running Kes in Snooker and Jumpers, and Natasha added Tink into the Jumpers for that day too. We both ran the snooker, Kes made it through 1-7-1-7-1-7 and ran out of time. Natasha and Tink did 1-4-1-5-1 then knocked the bar in 7, she then got a bit frazzled, and Tink jumped another 1, but it wasn't one she had taken before, and the whistle didn't go, so Natasha went straight into the closing not knowing what to do... WHISTLE! Off I went to finish scoring in the trailer like I had been doing all day, and Natasha came running in saying we all get a re-run... the timer had been buzzing at 50 seconds instead of 60. So off we went again. I had decided to back to my original plan with Kessie (same thing Natasha had done with Tink). This time we did 1-4-1-5-1-7-2-3-4-5 then ran out of time. 6 was the weaves anyways, and she was just starting to get 12 weaves, so it would have taken a lot of time anyways. The 5 was the teeter, I didn't really want to do contacts with her yet, but I decided to try it... and she did it great the first time! The second time, I didn't say 'Bang it' so I think she didn't know it was going to move, and bailed when it did, but did it well when we tried again. Natasha and Tink's rerun went as planned and she got her second snooker Q!

All Natasha needs for her Junior Starter Games title is one jumper Q, jumpers has been the hardest for her, Tink knocks a bar in almost every jumper run. Kessie was first... started off a bit silly, but did well when there were sequences where I can send her into a tunnel! She did the tire all weekend! Starting to get over that issue! The last jump was really hard to get her over... Natasha and Tink had a really nice jumpers run... but dropped a bar... sigh...

No comments: