February 03, 2008

Car and Dog Trouble ;)

Not really dog trouble, more of handler trouble, but lets start at the beginning. Natasha and I left before 6 am to get to the Rat Pack agility trial. When we got on the highway and started to get up to speed, my car started shaking a lot. So we got off and went back home to see if we could figure it out. Over a half hour later, and another trial run with no problems, we were on our way! I made it *just* in time to join the end of the walkthrough for my first run of the day. After the end of the walkthrough, we went to the car to get Tink, only to discover I had forgot my leash at home through all the hub-bub! So that was a pain in the neck, and back, all day! Two of our runs were FEO because I had earned all those legs I needed, and there were no move ups for that day. Starter Snooker didn't go terribly, considering the shorten walktrough and my frazzled state. She back jumped after 13 points, but it would still be one of our better snooker runs. Advanced jumpers was our other FEO run, it was the last run of the day, I ran it way differently then I walked it, we had 20 faults between refusals and knocked bars, but she still did some impressive work. Our 2nd run of the day was Master Gamble. It was an alright run, she got 32 points in the opening, enough point to have qualified. She did well in the closing until she crashed into a jump, but she continued and still did well. We also had a Steeplechase run... I think I over handled it, I need to find a happy balance. She knocked the bar on the second jump, and had a lot of time wasting 'refusals' so we didn't qualify, if she kept the bar up, we would have just made it by about 0.5 seconds. One thing that made me proud was the way she dived into her weaves, she's doing very well at that now! Another weekend of agility done, and another one next weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please do, I hope you don't mind if I do the same